Welcome to Urban & Bay Hikers .... We tend to start our hikes later (11am - 12noon), so you can get a few errands done, have a cup of tea or just sleep in... Come explore the wonders of the entire Bay Area both Urban hiking adventures and Hikes through the incredibly beautiful Regional Parks, State Parks, and Open Spaces. The group is open to anyone who enjoys a social hiking experience, and meeting new people from all over the Bay Area. We do a variety of hikes, so there is something for everyone, ranging from 4 to 10 miles in length (2 to 5 hours) in the San Francisco Bay Area. All skill levels are welcome, but you should select the hikes that fit your level. Our hikes will be from mildly easy, with most being moderate and some difficult (Hike are identified at specific levels and posted as such). Dogs are welcome on most of our hikes where the parks/trails permit.
Legal Disclaimer: The organizer, assistant organizers, event organizers and event hosts in this group are not professional guides. The function of the organizer is only to organize the trip. each person who signs up for a trip/meetup/ or outing is responsible for his or her own safety and the safety of his or her guests and property. By signing up for a hike, or any other event organized by this group, you are acknowledging that you are aware and have made your guests aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with any outdoor activity and freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards, and further agree to release and discharge the organizer, assistant organizers, event organizers and event hosts of this Meetup group from and against any and all liability arising from your and your guest's participation in the group activities. Our hike organizers are not responsible for your safety, these are always “Hike at your Own Risk” events.
Activity Waiver Release
Releases of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Indemnification & Binding Arbitration Agreement and Assumption of Risk by signing the Participant is giving up certain rights, including the right to sue. In consideration for being allowed to participate in Guided Hiking and other Activities provided by Urban and Bay Hikers, the Participant(s) or Participants legal guardians (if minor), do agree to the fullest extent of the Law allowed the Following:
1. I Waive all Claimsand anyone claiming on my behalf release and forever discharge Releasee and its affiliates, successors and assigns, officers, employees, representatives, partners, agents and anyone claiming through them (collectively, the “Released Parties”), in their individual and/or corporate capacities from causes of action of any nature and kind, known or unknown, which I may have against Releasee or any Released Parties arising out of or relating to any injury, loss or damage to person and property that may be sustained as a result of participation in the Activity (“Claims”).
2. I Assume all Risk and understand that participation in the Activity involves inherent risks, including risk of physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent paralysis and/or death, and I assume all related risks and voluntarily participate in the Activity.
3. I agree to indemnify Releasee against any and all claims, actions, lawsuits, damages and judgments, including attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to my participation in the Activity.
4. This Release for Participation in Event or Activity (“Release”) shall not be in any way construed as an admission by the Releasee that it has acted wrongfully with respect to me or any other person, that it admits liability or responsibility at any time for any purpose, or that I have any rights whatsoever against the Releasee.
5. This Release shall be binding upon the parties and their respective heirs, administrators, personal representatives, executors, successors and assigns. I have the authority to release the Claims and have not assigned or transferred any Claims to any other party. The provisions of this Release are severable. If any provision is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. This Release constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements or understandings between the parties concerning the subject matter of this Release. This Release may not be altered, amended or modified, except by a written document signed by both parties. The terms of this Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the California.