***This group is for any 20/30 somethings thinking about the bariatric process or already in it. Whether you're considering surgery or 10 years post op, you're still a badass.***
We've all been there:
-the liquid diet along with the "why the hell did i do this to myself" anxiety it brings
- watching someone eat without a care and wanting to grab it out of their hands/deck them
- kid's menu perks
- daydreaming about "onderland"
- counting protein & counting fluid intake
- way. too. many. vitamins
- "am I loosing fast enough?!" paranoia
- developing taste aversion to cottage cheese
- dancing in dressing rooms instead of dreading them
I'm Alex, a 24 year old Massachusetts suburbia native, 3rd grade teacher, ex food enthusiast, and VSG recipient as of April 9th, 2018. Let's get together and share tips, tricks, and fears over a bottle of wine we can split among 20 of us (cost effective drinking= perk!), go on a hike, try salsa dancing, cook together, take an exercise class or even catch a movie. Despite our closeted weight loss attempts, this process needs A TON of support and who better to provide it than people who know exactly what you're going through.