Do you love music or dancing? Then this is the meetup group for you!
Is there a concert or gig you would like to go to? Do you just want to spend the night on the dance floor enjoying the music that you love? Or have you always wanted to learn to dance?
Maybe you are new in town, or your friends have family commitments, or just do not share your love for music and dancing. Why not come and join us!
Love Music? Love Dancing? 40+ Meetup group is a well-established not-for-profit social and activities group for like-minded people living or working in Milton Keynes or the surrounding areas.
The aim of this group is to organise music and dance events so people who love music and dancing can get together and enjoy themselves with other like-minded people.
THIS IS NOT A SINGLES or DATING GROUP
Everyone is welcome It is for singles and couples, male and female.
You do not have to live in Milton Keynes and you do not have to be over 40 to join us, everyone is welcome.
Events are aimed at people aged 40+
We currently have 1,600+ members aged late-thirties to mid-sixties. Love Music Love Dancing Organisers organise several events every week throughout Milton Keynes, and neighbouring towns, and occasionally further afield. There are a wide range to choose from: Disco/Party Nights, Pub gigs, Festivals/Carnivals, Concerts/Live music events/Weekenders, Party boats etc…
MEMBERSHIP AND FEE
To join us, Members must be at least 35 years of age. Membership is free until up until 31 October 2018, after this date, New Members will pay a one off, non-refundable joining fee of £4 at the time of joining. This payment (previously covered by a Sponsor) goes solely towards covering the subscription costs of running a Meetup group. This is a not-for-profit group, and all events are organised and hosted on a voluntary basis, by the Event Organisers and Hosts.
ALL MEMBERS MUST ABIDE BY THE RULES AND POLICIES OF THIS MEETUP GROUP (please see at the bottom of the page)
To become a member, click "Join us", you will then receive joining instructions including the options for paying your one-off non-refundable joining fee. You will need to place a up to date photo of yourself on your profile so that you are easily identifiable. Once your payment has been received, your membership will be approved.
Please RSVP “Yes” when you plan to attend a meetup, so that we can look out for you, this also ensures that you receive any change of plan email notifications for that event. If for whatever reason you can no longer attend an event, please amend your RSVP (so that people are not searching, or waiting for you), this will also allow us to alter any bookings for events (where necessary).
If there is something else in particular you would like to do, let us know, and we can add it to our calendar.
Members are free to get involved and contribute suggestions for new events.
If you would like to organise or host an event, please let us know.
We are a very friendly bunch, so don't be shy, come and join us!
See you at an event soon
Kimmy (Group Organiser)
Group Code of Conduct Policy
1. All members must abide by the rules and policies of the meetup Group
2. All members must respect the rights of other members.
3. All members are welcome to host events, irrespective of the length of time you have been a member.
4. This group is open to everyone, and all members are entitled to be treated with courtesy and respect at all times. You do not have to live in Milton Keynes and you do not have to be over 40 to join us. Events are aimed at people aged 40+
5. The Group needs open, friendly and welcoming members. Please be aware of the impact your behaviour may have on another member and be prepared to moderate your behaviour if you are asked to do so.
6. All members are entitled to be free of harassment, bullying, or abusive behaviour or any form of discrimination.
Harassment is any course of conduct from someone who either knows or ought to know that it will cause harm or distress to the recipient.
Bullying or abusive behaviour is any behaviour which is intended or is likely to cause a person to feel uncomfortable.
7. If any issues and disputes between members do occasionally arise, these should be dealt with as informally as possible. If a member wishes to make a complaint, the person being complained about, and/ or any witness members, must act responsibly. Members must treat the process as confidential and do their best to minimise and not exacerbate the problem. All complaints should be directed to the Group Organisers or a member of the Leadership Team to be dealt with. Once the dispute has been dealt with all members should accept