Toronto contact improv dance and communication group
What we get together for:
• Contact improv dance training including lifts you may have seen on So You Think You Can Dance
• Facilitated communication and connection
• Open contact improv dancing
This event is for you:
• Whatever your skill level in contact improv dance, including beginners
• If you're interested in athletic, kinesthetic, and sometimes intimate dance form
• If you're interested in openly transparent communication and conscious relating
Wear clothes suitable for yoga or dancercise. Knee pads are a useful option.
Remember your water bottle!
For a couple of wonderful sample videos of contact improvisation, check out:
The above video link is from last summer's festival in Berkeley with many wonderful dancers including Kira Kirsh, Aaron Jessup, Samantha Sweetwater, Ralf Jaroschinski, Elio Scudieri, Ken Martini, Denzil Meyers, and others whom I know but whose names I don't recall. Mark Koenig and I are in the final 18 seconds.
The above video link is of Megan Brown and Nataraj Hauser in
“Contraption,” a fusion of contact improv and aerial dance.
Note: We will not be using aerial trapeze apparatus.
Event facilitated by Alex Perlman, BA, MBA, MEd, MHRD, CA, BPHE.
Among the programs Alex created:
• The Human Interaction program which operated in idyllic settings in the Caribbean islands for a number of years
• Human Interaction ‘88 in Toronto where Alex trained over 70 group facilitators over a 6-month training program to assist him in facilitating a weekend conference on personal development and networking with over 400 attendees
• Conference opening sessions with close to 1,000 participants interacting simultaneously
Alex has trained with renowned contact improv teachers such as:
Nancy Stark Smith, Steve Paxton, Nita Little, Martin Keogh, Scott Wells, Shel Wagner Rasch, Kirstie Simson, Stefan Fabry, Allen and Karen Kaeja, Robert Anderson, Mark Koenig, Stephanie Cohen, Karl Frost, Tracy Vogel, Aaron Jessop, Vitali Kononov, Peter Ryan, Peter Bingham, Sean Seward, John Dowell, and Brenton Cheng.
Contact: Alex Perlman 416-429-2468 — firstname.lastname@example.org
Event by APC LTD. © Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.